Tuesday, June 3, 2014

6 Pictures Only QlikView Developers will Understand



Donald Farmer and Tommy Chong
Gurus of their respective fields
We all talk a big game with our complex table structures and fancy visualizations.  But once in a while, it is OK to let our hair down (for those of us that have some) and have some fun at our own expense.  I thought it would be a nice change of pace to offer up a few examples that might relate to our collective QlikView development experiences.  See if you can guess what QlikView concepts the pictures below represent.  I went ahead and put the caption text in white so highlighting the caption should give you the answers (might not work?).  The answers were also added at the bottom of the post.  Enjoy!
Concatenated Keys


Link Table

Synthetic Key


Section Access
 

Reload



Cycle Group


Here are the answers in order:
1. Concatenated Keys
2. Link Table
3. Synthetic Key
4. Section Access
5. Reload
6. Cycle Group
Thanks to  DV  over at QlikShare for the inspiration for this post.
As usual, your comments and shares are much appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one mate. I guess everything except the last one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, I'll bite. What's wrong with the last picture? The Group of Motor-Cycles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Link table was the best. I'm guessing last one is for a cyclic group, just a bit of artistic license. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I admit some of these take a little bit of imagination. I'm just hoping Donald Farmer doesn't get mad.

    ReplyDelete